Last updated February 9, 2022
This Policy applies to our websites, products, services, software, or applications (“apps”) on which we post a direct link to this Policy or refer to within this Policy (collectively the “Services”). This Policy covers only personal data collected through the Services and not any other personal data collection or processing, including, without limitation, personal data collection practices of other services that maintain their own, separate privacy policies. Occasionally, we refer to this Policy in relation to surveys and special-purpose web pages, for example, our Careers web pages; under such circumstances, this Policy applies as modified in the particular notice or consent request (e.g., with respect to types of personal data collected or purposes of collection).
Types of Personal Data and Collection Methods Top
We collect a variety of personal data through the means described below. You have choices about the personal data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data to us, you may choose not to. But if you decline to provide personal data, your ability to use the applicable Services may be diminished or restricted.
- Personal data you submit. We collect your name, email address(es), account name, password, mailing address(es), telephone number(s), and data related to the business you represent when you request information from us, register, order a Service, vehicle information such as (make, model, year and vehicle identification number, VIN) or personal data which you otherwise intentionally send to us. In connection with chargeable Services, we will also collect payment information (e.g., credit card number and related verification data), phone number, and billing and shipping addresses. Payment information is not collected through this website.
- Personal data we automatically collect from our websites. When you visit one of our websites, we collect general data including some personal data from your computer or mobile device such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, and the domain name from which you accessed the site; and, if you are accessing our site with your mobile device, the type of mobile device. In addition, we collect data about how you use our websites, such as the date and time you visit the site, the areas or pages of the site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the site, the number of times you return to the site, and other click-stream data. Please see our Cookies section for further information.
- Personal data we collect from our Services:. Our Services, including our software and apps may collect personal data and other information from you, some of this information may be collected automatically. For example, we may collect the unique ID associated to your employers and your account, account name, location information, information about the Services you subscribe to and the software and applications you engage with use, how long you use them for and metrics which the Services collect, such as ridership data, passenger load data, location information, fuel and emissions data, and engine faults. We may also develop software and apps to collect this information to collect information about your use of our Services too.
- SureDrive™ and Stolen Vehicle Recovery (“SVR”): Our SureDrive mobile application Service includes a telematics device installed on a vehicle that communicates insightful information to the SureDrive mobile app, including: CrashBoxx® Instant Crash Alerts; Tripwire™ Early Warning; stolen vehicle location assist; setting virtual boundaries (notifications when a driver arrives at their destination); ‘Where’s My Car?’ (which pinpoints the vehicle on the map); and setting speed alerts. When SureDrive is installed in your car, information is collected about your vehicle including make, model, color, year and vehicle identification number, speed, and location. Information that identifies your vehicle and other personal information may be shared when it is necessary to provide various SureDrive Services, such as alerting emergency personnel of your location if a crash is detected, or helping authorities locate your vehicle if you report it stolen. SureDrive information may also be used on its own or in combination with other CalAmp information about you to determine aggregate insights about our users. SVR Services are directly integrated with state and local law enforcement when your vehicle is reported stolen, and radio frequency tracks your vehicle. Information that identifies your vehicle and other personal information will be shared when it is necessary to provide SVR Services.
- Here Comes The Bus®: : Our Here Comes the Bus mobile application and website are available to parents in school districts that have contracted with Synovia and make Here Comes The Bus available to parents in their district. When Here Comes The Bus is downloaded to your smartphone, tablet or computer, information is collected about you such as name, email address and the student’s name, address, school system ID, bus stop name, school grade and geolocation. Information that identifies the bus stop location and student’s school allows parents to determine the time of arrival of the bus at the student’s bus stop or school through geolocation tracking of the student’s school bus or transportation vehicle.
- Children’s Privacy: Our Services are not directed at children under the age of 16. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from children under 16. If you are under 16, please do not provide any personal data to us.
The types of cookies we use can generally be put into four (4) categories: strictly necessary, functionality, analytical/performance, and targeting/advertising. The table below describes these four (4) cookie categories in more detail.
|Strictly necessary||These cookies are essential for the operation of our website.|
|Functionality||These may be used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalize our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, choice of language or region).|
|Analytical/performance||These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using them. This helps us improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are easily finding what they are looking for.|
|Advertising/targeting cookies||We may also work with advertising networks that gather information about the content on our website you visit and on information on other websites and services you visit. This may result in you seeing our advertisements when you visit other websites and services of third parties. For more information about how to turn this feature off see below or visit http://www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.|
Collection Purposes, Use of Personal data Top
We collect and process personal data about you with your consent (where required), and/or as necessary to provide the Services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, to take steps to develop and grow our business.
The purposes for which we collect and use personal data include:
- To respond to the request that you sent us such as your request for information, or your request to purchase or subscribe to a Service;
- To provide, manage, maintain, and secure the Services you request;
- To operate and improve our business, including to administer, protect, and improve our Services and our security of our systems, to develop new products and services, and for other internal business purposes;
- To better understand the preferences of the users of our Services, help us to understand how you use and interact with our Services, compile aggregated statistics about usage of our Services, and help personalize your experience of our website and Services;
- To carry out analytics on your usage of our Software and apps, for example, to enhance vehicle safety and maintenance;
- To provide location information;
- To provide you with information about our technologies, Service releases, news, and other communications; and
- Any other use we describe in this Policy or at the point where we collect the personal data.
To achieve these purposes, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine the various types of personal data that we collect from different sources.
Where We Store and Process Data Top
We store and process personal data in the United States and on servers around the world, including, without limitation, the European Economic Area. Wherever we store or process personal data pursuant to this Policy, we take measures to ensure that the personal data is processed in accordance with this Policy and in compliance with applicable law.
Disclosures of Personal Data Top
We access your personal data within CalAmp and the CalAmp group of companies which includes LoJack Italia and Tracker UK. We and our group companies share personal data with third party vendor or service providers, including payment processors, data hosting providers, analytics providers, that process the data on our behalf for the purposes set forth in this Policy. We may also offer training or other services to the employees and workers of our business customers. In such cases, we may share personal data relating to the use of our training and other services with the identified business customers for their business use. We may also share your personal data with third parties such as professional advisors or banks and accountants, as permitted or required by law or in the interest of protecting or exercising our or others’ legal rights, e.g., without limitation, in connection with requests from law enforcement officials and in connection with court proceedings. We may share or transfer your personal data in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business. Finally, we may also share your personal data where you have granted us permission.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals sent by web browsers. A uniform standard has not yet been adopted to determine how DNT signals should be interpreted and what actions should be taken by websites and third parties that receive them. However, you may use a variety of other means of controlling data collection and use, including cookie controls in your browser settings and the personalized advertising controls described in the Cookies section above.
- Retention We retain personal data while your account is active, as needed to provide you Services. We will, also, retain personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, as legally permitted, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Security We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. It is your responsibility to safeguard your passwords and User IDs and to notify us using one of the Contact methods listed below if you ever suspect that your password or User ID for one of our Services has been compromised. You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of our Services conducted via your password and User ID.
We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated. If we change the Policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate online notice to you at least 30 days in advance and/or obtain your express consent as required by law. When you visit our websites or use our Services, you are accepting the current version of this Policy. We recommend that users revisit this Policy on occasion to learn of any changes.
California Residents and the California Consumer Privacy Act
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold Top
You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
Access. If you want to submit a verifiable consumer request under the CCPA, please use this button. Contact Us
Verification. If you have a password protected account with us, we will verify your account through our existing authentication practices for your account and we will require you to re-authenticate yourself before disclosing your data. You must provide a copy of your vehicle registration.
If you do not have a password protected account with us and you submit a request to know, we will verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty by matching two reliable data points provided by you with data points we maintain. You must provide a copy of your vehicle registration.
If you do not have a password protected account with us and you submit a request to know specific pieces of personal information, we will verify your identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty by matching three reliable pieces of personal information provided by you with personal information we maintain. You will also be required to submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. You must provide a copy of your vehicle registration.
Children’s Personal Information. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
The following charts explain the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information for SureDrive and LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System.
|SureDrive and LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System|
|Categories of information collected in the preceding 12 months||Categories of sources from which information is collected||Business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the information||Whether we have disclosed this Category of personal information for a business purpose or sold to third parties in the preceding 12 months and the Categories of third parties to whom the information was disclosed or sold|
|Name and personal identifiers, like your physical and email address.||You and possibly the dealership where vehicle was purchased.||We collect this information to provide our Services to you, to communicate with you, and to improve our Services. We don’t sell this category of information.||We share this data with government entities and internet service providers, including those that you instruct us to send this information to. We don’t sell this category of information.|
|Other information about you, like phone number.||You and possibly the dealership where vehicle was purchased.||To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you, and to improve our Services.||We share this data with government entities and internet service providers, including those that you instruct us to send this information to. We don’t sell this category of information.|
|Commercial information, like records of products purchased and vehicle information (make, model, year, and VIN).||You and possibly the dealership where vehicle was purchased.||To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you and to improve our Services.||We share this data with government entities. We may sell VINs to data brokers for commercial purposes. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age. We don’t sell commercial information other than VINs.|
Categories of information collected in the preceding 12 months
Categories of sources from which information is collected
Business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the information
Whether we have disclosed this Category of personal information for a business purpose or sold to third parties in the preceding 12 months and the Categories of third parties to whom the information was disclosed or sold
Internet or other electronic network activity, like account password.
To provide our Services to you, improve our Services and to understand the preferences of our users, compile aggregated statistics about usage of our Services, and enhance our users’ experience of our website and Services.
We don’t share this information. We don’t sell this category of information.
From the SureDrive device installed in your vehicle.
To provide our Services to you and to compile aggregated statistics about usage of our Services.
We share this data with government entities and internet service providers, including those that you instruct us to send this information to. We don’t sell this category of information.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information Top
You have a right to request the deletion of your personal information collected by us. To submit a verifiable consumer request to delete by using this form Contact Us. Deletion of personal information collected by us may render the Services we provide to You inoperable.
If you have a password protected account with us, we will verify your account through our existing authentication practices for your account and we will require you to re-authenticate yourself before deleting your data. You must provide a copy of your vehicle registration.
If you do not have a password protected account with us and you submit a request to delete, we will verify your identity to a reasonable degree or a reasonably high degree of certainty depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and the risk of harm to you posed by unauthorized deletion. You must provide a copy of your vehicle registration.
- We will verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty by matching two reliable data points provided by you with data points we maintain.
- We will verify your identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty by matching three reliable pieces of personal information provided by you with personal information we maintain. You will also be required to submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information Top
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us. CalAmp does not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
CalAmp may sell VINs to data service providers for commercial purposes.
To opt-out of the sale of personal information, use this contact button Contact Us
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
An authorized agent can make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. To designate an authorized agent, you must:
- Provide your authorized agent signed permission to make a request to know or request to delete;
- Verify your own identity directly with us; and
- Directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
This process does not apply when you have provided your authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
If you would like to access your personal data that we maintain, or the personal data you have submitted is no longer accurate, current, or complete, and you wish to update it, please contact us as described in this Contact Us section. If you need to correct your personal data, we reserve the right to use personal information obtained previously to verify your identity.
General Data Protection Regulation Introduction Top
For our users based in the UK and the European Economic Area (“EEA“), the General Data Protection Regulation and UK General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR“) will apply to our processing of your personal data.
Under GDPR we are required to have a “lawful basis” for processing your personal data. “Lawful basis” means we have a legitimate reason recognised by GDPR for processing your information and using it as we set out in this policy. Unless we are required to obtain your consent before processing your personal data (e.g., for the purpose of processing location data), we may rely on a legitimate business interest. Some legitimate reasons for this use of your personal data are:
- for the purpose of our contract with you and so that we can provide, manage, maintain and secure the Services you request;
- to fulfill our legitimate interest to operate and improve our business, including to administer, protect, and improve our Services and our systems, to develop new products and services, and for other internal business purposes;
- to fulfill our legitimate interest to better understand the preferences of the users of our Services, help us to understand how you use and interact with our Services, compile aggregated statistics about usage of our Services, and help personalize your experience of our website and Services;
- to fulfill our legitimate interest to carry out analytics on your usage of our Software and apps, for example, to enhance vehicle safety and maintenance;
- to send your marketing communications in our legitimate interests to develop and improve our business or with your consent (where required); and
- to process your location data (for the purposes of Services such as SureDrive) with your consent. Please note that we are unable to provide some Services without processing your location data.
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent (where required by law) we will use your personal information for marketing analysis or to provide you with promotional update communications by email about our products, events, newsletters and services. You can change your preferences and object to receiving further marketing at any time by checking and updating your contact details within your account, or selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you, or by sending us an email to privacy@CalAmp.com.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to find out what information we hold about you;
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data;
- to request the correction or deletion of your personal data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing (as mentioned above);
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party; or
- you may opt out at any time from allowing further access by us to your location data, however this may mean we cannot supply some Services to you.
Your right to withdraw consent:
- Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time.
You can exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us using the information provided below, or, by filling out the form provided at the “Contact Us” hyperlink below.
Your personal data may be transferred from the UK or the EEA to or accessed by us in the United States and other locations outside of the UK and EEA, for example Mexico. Wherever we store or process personal data pursuant to this Policy, we take measures to ensure that the personal data is processed in accordance with this Policy and in compliance with applicable law.
If you have any concerns, you have the right to make a complaint to a personal data protection supervisory authority.
If you are in the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). You can visit their webpage at www.ico.org.uk. If you are in the EEA, you can find your local data protection authority at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en.
To contact us, use the contact button below, or write to us at CalAmp Corp., Attn. Privacy Counsel, 15635 Alton Parkway, Suite 250, Irvine, California, U.S.A. 92618.
For UK: Tracker UK Attn. Privacy Counsel, 6-9 The Square, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, Middlesex, United Kingdom, UB11 1FW.
For EU: LoJack Italia Attn. Privacy Counsel, Via Novara 89, 20153 Milano – Milan, Italy.
For questions about the collection and processing
of personal data by CalAmp, please fill out this form.
For any other privacy related inquiries, please reach out to us at email@example.com